One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Add black holes and photographs of asteroidal moons around Jupiter, and our world seems increasingly expansive.’
- ‘That famous geologist suggested that large asteroidal objects hit the Moon, forming its craters.’
- ‘Had dinosaurs not been annihilated by an asteroidal impact, mammals might still be small, nocturnal insect-eaters unable to evolve higher intelligence.’
- ‘These satellites range in size from small on the asteroidal scales, to nearly as large as Saturn's moon Mimas.’
- ‘Such fireballs are surprisingly common: researchers expect an asteroidal object one meter in diameter or larger to strike Earth's atmosphere about 40 times per year.’
- ‘The Hubble Space Telescope captured a picture of starlit asteroidal and cometary debris encircling the yellow dwarf star HD 107146.’
- ‘Our understanding of astronomy has shown us that cometary and asteroidal impacts are relatively commonplace over timescales of hundreds of millions of years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.