One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the language, history, and antiquities of ancient Assyria.
- ‘The graduate program in Assyriology emphasizes both Sumerian and Akkadian, as well as a full sequence of courses in Mesopotamian history and civilization, over a period of three years of coursework.’
- ‘Applicants should be registered, or have applied for admission, as graduate students in the University, for a higher degree course within the field of Assyriology or a closely related field.’
- ‘The consortium is working to improve faculty training, curriculum and facilities for the study of Archaeology, Assyriology and Environmental Health.’
- ‘Egyptology and Assyriology are included here, although close links exist with the Department of Archaeology.’
- ‘The department of Assyriology advances the study of cuneiform texts stemming from ancient Mesopotamia.’
- ‘The State University of New York at Stony Brook is strengthening the quality of education at four Iraqi partner universities in archaeology, Assyriology, and environmental health.’
- ‘However, teaching in Assyriology did not begin in earnest until much later.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.