One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In spite of recent market falls, analysts estimate that UK life assurers still have 20-30 billion of such assets.’
- ‘Earlier this month the assurer was voted Scotland's best company to work for, with an annual budget of £5 a head for ad hoc gifts.’
- ‘Life assurers could face a messy row over misleading customers unless they give a clearer picture of potential losses.’
- ‘Naturally again, the ability of life assurers to attract new business after cutting bonuses will not be as strong as it was.’
- ‘The assurer employs 300 at its main call centre base at Tanfield in Edinburgh, where staff regularly need to answer complex questions relating to annuities, bonus rates and with-profits policies.’
- ‘All life assurers are looking at their cost base at the moment, with products carrying much smaller margins.’
- ‘In Britain the stock market is now spooked by worries over the financial strength of UK life assurers amid fears that they may have to close to new business.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.