One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All life assurers are looking at their cost base at the moment, with products carrying much smaller margins.’
- ‘Life assurers could face a messy row over misleading customers unless they give a clearer picture of potential losses.’
- ‘Naturally again, the ability of life assurers to attract new business after cutting bonuses will not be as strong as it was.’
- ‘In spite of recent market falls, analysts estimate that UK life assurers still have 20-30 billion of such assets.’
- ‘The assurer employs 300 at its main call centre base at Tanfield in Edinburgh, where staff regularly need to answer complex questions relating to annuities, bonus rates and with-profits policies.’
- ‘In Britain the stock market is now spooked by worries over the financial strength of UK life assurers amid fears that they may have to close to new business.’
- ‘Earlier this month the assurer was voted Scotland's best company to work for, with an annual budget of £5 a head for ad hoc gifts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.