One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But thank you for acknowledging that the principle accomplishment of carbon credits is the assuagement of guilt.’
- ‘Everything that the human race has done and thought is concerned with the satisfaction of deeply felt needs and the assuagement of pain.’
- ‘As time went on she grew more and more jealous of him, and more and more certain that, if only she could know what had happened, she would get some ease to her tormented heart and some assuagement of her perfectly natural curiosity.’
- ‘When we fall in love we imagine we have found an ultimate assuagement of loneliness.’
- ‘It is said that they are in flight from an insupportable nervous strain, from which they find temporary assuagement only in sleep.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.