Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A region of the cortex of the brain which connects sensory and motor areas, and which is thought to be concerned with higher mental activities.
- ‘On the other hand, the parietal higher association area activity was decreased compared to the controls.’
- ‘This priming memory seems to involve auditory-visual association areas of the cerebral cortex.’
- ‘Instead, they may involve association areas of the cerebral cortex.’
- ‘In the temporal lobe of the monkey's cerebral cortex, in the general region where Wernicke's area exists in humans, there is a specialized auditory association area.’
- ‘Formerly the disease was typecast as motor system degeneration, yet sensory fields, association areas, and premotor fields become damaged throughout the brain.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.