One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A region of the cortex of the brain which connects sensory and motor areas, and which is thought to be concerned with higher mental activities.
- ‘In the temporal lobe of the monkey's cerebral cortex, in the general region where Wernicke's area exists in humans, there is a specialized auditory association area.’
- ‘Instead, they may involve association areas of the cerebral cortex.’
- ‘This priming memory seems to involve auditory-visual association areas of the cerebral cortex.’
- ‘Formerly the disease was typecast as motor system degeneration, yet sensory fields, association areas, and premotor fields become damaged throughout the brain.’
- ‘On the other hand, the parietal higher association area activity was decreased compared to the controls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.