One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for referee's assistant
umpire, judge, referee's assistant, linesman, line judge, adjudicator, arbitrator, arbiter, mediatorView synonyms
- ‘Speed endurance and good recovery in between intense periods of exercise are vital for referees and assistant referees.’
- ‘Fernandez was booked following advice from an assistant referee.’
- ‘Curtis did look suspiciously offside but there was no flag from the assistant referee despite Sutton Coldfield's extended protests.’
- ‘The game was in danger of being abandoned until he took over the line in place of an injured assistant referee.’
- ‘He also reserved some criticism for assistant referees at the World Cup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.