One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A university teacher ranking immediately below an associate professor.
- ‘It had a blurb on the back from an assistant professor of urban studies at Westmont, our local Christian college.’
- ‘She is now an assistant professor of creative nonfiction at the University of Alabama.’
- ‘At that time reforms were being made in universities so they offered me a position as an assistant professor.’
- ‘Currently he is an assistant professor of political science at Hebrew University in Jerusalem.’
- ‘She is an assistant professor of European studies at Johns Hopkins University.’
- ‘He is an assistant professor of communication at the University of Colorado at Denver.’
- ‘He is now an assistant professor of Communication Arts at the University of Wisconsin - Madison.’
- ‘He is an assistant professor in the University of Pittsburgh Department of Anaethesiology.’
- ‘He used the program when he was an assistant professor at the University of California.’
- ‘She is an assistant professor at the University of Colorado in Boulder.’
- ‘He was also an assistant professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School.’
- ‘The following year, he was a visiting assistant professor of history at Oregon State University.’
- ‘He is an assistant professor at the University of Oregon School of Law.’
- ‘She is an assistant professor of education at Pepperdine University.’
- ‘An assistant professor has a doctorate or some other high-level degree and usually has some teaching experience.’
- ‘After a promotion to assistant professor at the University of Pennsylvania in 1916, he remained there for a further four years.’
- ‘Since 1988 he has been a senior assistant professor in penal law at Sofia University.’
- ‘He is currently a visiting assistant professor at Pratt Institute, Brooklyn.’
- ‘He served previously as an assistant professor at West Point and as a battalion executive officer in Europe.’
- ‘He is an assistant professor of English at Western Kentucky University.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.