Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Other contracts, such as equipment leases, maintenance contracts and the like, may also contain clauses providing for their termination upon assignment, or may not be assumable or assignable.’
- ‘The point is not whether the action is ‘personal’ or whether it is assignable, but whether the person who has died had a ‘cause of action.’’
- ‘In this case, the contract specifically provided at paragraph 17 of the purchase agreement that the agreement was binding on the parties, their heirs and executors and assigns thereby confirming that it was assignable.’
- ‘What if the right was assigned, but not assignable?’
- ‘This Performance Bond is personal to the Buyer and is not transferable or assignable.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.