One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With great care and perseverance.‘leaders worked assiduously to hammer out an action plan’
- ‘Having arrived as chief chemist in 1883, he worked assiduously to expand the federal government's power in food and drug markets.’
- ‘I planted the Spanish peppers and assiduously cared for them amidst all my other pepper plants.’
- ‘He was employed as the studio's title designer and general factotum while assiduously learning about filmmaking.’
- ‘We have worked on economic policy assiduously for the last five years.’
- ‘He assiduously avoided addressing the question of a merger.’
- ‘Even a book he assiduously promoted on prehistoric archaeology sold in hundreds of thousands.’
- ‘They rejected their teachers' conventional ideas and academic art, yet spent years assiduously copying and assimilating the Old Masters.’
- ‘He was taught privately, his father assiduously fostering his musical talents.’
- ‘Institutions are treading cautiously, even as they up the ante by courting hedge funds more assiduously.’
- ‘These facts made him angry and drove him assiduously to educate himself about medicine and ecology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.