Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The effective, longterm results of whatever agreement is arrived at - if any - will be assessable only in course of time.’
- ‘The main distinction between the two schedules lay in the method of quantifying the assessable annual value.’
- ‘The only scope for gambling winnings to be considered assessable is if the gambler is considered to be in the ‘business’ of gambling.’
- ‘For example, a project consortium will incur significant early income tax losses as interest accrues on debt prior to the project generating assessable income.’
- ‘The assessable family income might barely put them out of the running for a medical card and medical expenses can be crippling.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.