One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I raised my voice and assertively directed him to move.’
- ‘He holds out the glass assertively, as if to demonstrate his rejection of fundamentalist restraints.’
- ‘Rather than getting into a shouting match, he recommends taking three deep breaths, changing your environment or making your point assertively but calmly.’
- ‘We emptied wine bottles and talked about ourselves, taking it in turns to nod assertively at each other's observations.’
- ‘The hostility-reduction intervention included teaching them skills for expressing anger more appropriately and more assertively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.