One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Rather than getting into a shouting match, he recommends taking three deep breaths, changing your environment or making your point assertively but calmly.’
- ‘I raised my voice and assertively directed him to move.’
- ‘The hostility-reduction intervention included teaching them skills for expressing anger more appropriately and more assertively.’
- ‘He holds out the glass assertively, as if to demonstrate his rejection of fundamentalist restraints.’
- ‘We emptied wine bottles and talked about ourselves, taking it in turns to nod assertively at each other's observations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.