One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The general principle in civil litigation is that the burden of proof lies on the asserter of a claim.’
- ‘The true principles of national glory are opened by the grandeur of the minds of these assertors of political freedom.’
- ‘A telltale sign of this trick is the rule, established by the assertor, that one may not reject any portion of the assertion.’
- ‘But these assertors assert the opposite of this.’
- ‘Therefore they can but suitably value the restorers and assertors of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.