One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where a machine or its components are assembled.‘this photo is of the assembly shop for rocket carriers’
- ‘On the shop floor, I worked fifteen days in the welding shop and fifteen days in the assembly shop.’
- ‘To better control production flow between the body, paint and assembly shops, BMW stacks 80 percent of painted bodies, in sequence, into the plant's automated storage and retrieval system.’
- ‘The biggest change to the plant will be seen in the general assembly shop, which will soon be upgraded with a new floor skillet and overhead conveyor system.’
- ‘The plant expansion installed new production lines in the body and assembly shops dedicated to the larger X5.’
- ‘It is both comprehensive in its functionality and easy to handle in the assembly shop.’
- ‘Work began on the new paint and assembly shops the following month.’
- ‘A total of 480 steel sheet and aluminum parts with a thickness ranging from 1 mm to 2.25 mm are welded, bonded and bolted in the body assembly shop.’
- ‘Before their fiscal year ends, this month, they plan to shop for a new computer and a press for their assembly shop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.