Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A place where a machine or its components are assembled.‘this photo is of the assembly shop for rocket carriers’
- ‘It is both comprehensive in its functionality and easy to handle in the assembly shop.’
- ‘Before their fiscal year ends, this month, they plan to shop for a new computer and a press for their assembly shop.’
- ‘A total of 480 steel sheet and aluminum parts with a thickness ranging from 1 mm to 2.25 mm are welded, bonded and bolted in the body assembly shop.’
- ‘The plant expansion installed new production lines in the body and assembly shops dedicated to the larger X5.’
- ‘On the shop floor, I worked fifteen days in the welding shop and fifteen days in the assembly shop.’
- ‘The biggest change to the plant will be seen in the general assembly shop, which will soon be upgraded with a new floor skillet and overhead conveyor system.’
- ‘Work began on the new paint and assembly shops the following month.’
- ‘To better control production flow between the body, paint and assembly shops, BMW stacks 80 percent of painted bodies, in sequence, into the plant's automated storage and retrieval system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.