Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A place where a machine or its components are assembled.‘this photo is of the assembly shop for rocket carriers’
- ‘On the shop floor, I worked fifteen days in the welding shop and fifteen days in the assembly shop.’
- ‘The biggest change to the plant will be seen in the general assembly shop, which will soon be upgraded with a new floor skillet and overhead conveyor system.’
- ‘It is both comprehensive in its functionality and easy to handle in the assembly shop.’
- ‘A total of 480 steel sheet and aluminum parts with a thickness ranging from 1 mm to 2.25 mm are welded, bonded and bolted in the body assembly shop.’
- ‘Before their fiscal year ends, this month, they plan to shop for a new computer and a press for their assembly shop.’
- ‘To better control production flow between the body, paint and assembly shops, BMW stacks 80 percent of painted bodies, in sequence, into the plant's automated storage and retrieval system.’
- ‘The plant expansion installed new production lines in the body and assembly shops dedicated to the larger X5.’
- ‘Work began on the new paint and assembly shops the following month.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.