One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was offered a position as an assayer at the new Australian mint.’
- ‘He concludes that ‘When silver was to be reused, a certain amount was given to the assayer in advance.’’
- ‘Specimens of the metal were sent to expert assayers for analysis.’
- ‘This tribe was far too complex for modern assayers.’
- ‘After studying chemistry at University College, London, and working as an assayer in Australia, he returned to University College in 1859 to study political economy, philosophy, and mathematics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.