One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He concludes that ‘When silver was to be reused, a certain amount was given to the assayer in advance.’’
- ‘He was offered a position as an assayer at the new Australian mint.’
- ‘This tribe was far too complex for modern assayers.’
- ‘After studying chemistry at University College, London, and working as an assayer in Australia, he returned to University College in 1859 to study political economy, philosophy, and mathematics.’
- ‘Specimens of the metal were sent to expert assayers for analysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.