One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lightweight rifle developed from the sub-machine gun, which may be set to fire automatically or semi-automatically.
- ‘Those items are not found, but what are found are an assault rifle and a shotgun purchased subsequently.’
- ‘He said the gun was not a toy, as had been claimed, but a working replica of an army assault rifle which fired plastic pellets and ball bearings.’
- ‘The sniper carries his sniper rifle as well as an assault rifle or machine pistol for close-in fighting.’
- ‘The victims include people randomly shot dead with a handgun or an assault rifle.’
- ‘However, the rapid firing assault rifle proved most useful in ambushes.’
- ‘For those that aren't familiar with SKSs, they're a Chinese-type assault rifle.’
- ‘His plane flew over another suspected poachers' camp, where he spotted a horseman with an assault rifle.’
- ‘They were armed with home-made grenades and an assault rifle and were shot dead by an army escort.’
- ‘He began to open fire with his assault rifle for as long as he could.’
- ‘He would slip out of the house carrying an assault rifle and five small boxes of bullets and go to the southern edge of the city to shoot at soldiers.’
- ‘After that, I slung on my sniper rifle, and my assault rifle, and loaded each of them.’
- ‘Other footage showed an armed man firing single shots from an assault rifle at the back of the heads of 11 others.’
- ‘Hearing the assault rifle fire again, he drew his pistol and slipped into the room.’
- ‘A video released by the group showed the bomber posing with a grenade launcher and an assault rifle.’
- ‘Police discovered a stash of weed and an assault rifle fitted with a sniper's scope and a silencer.’
- ‘The M60 is a heavy assault rifle with a high rate of fire and a large capacity.’
- ‘I think sight of an assault rifle may just do the trick.’
- ‘He brought his katana up at his side as the marine fired his assault rifle in an uncharacteristic panic.’
- ‘One of the men jumped out and opened fire with an assault rifle.’
- ‘The sub-machine gun and my assault rifle used the same ammo and both were able to use the silencer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.