One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A course through which the participants must run, negotiating obstacles to be climbed, crawled under, crossed on suspended ropes, etc., as used for training soldiers.
- ‘It's a mini assault course with rope bridges to cross and a climbing wall.’
- ‘A disabled and profoundly deaf man is tackling an army assault course to help fund a trip of a lifetime to New Zealand.’
- ‘One of the most popular children's entertainment was the army assault course.’
- ‘He said: ‘The race consists of an eight-mile cross-country run followed by an army assault course.’’
- ‘Youths get to go on an Army assault course and eat in the mess tent, and receive certificates for their involvement at the end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.