One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A course through which the participants must run, negotiating obstacles to be climbed, crawled under, crossed on suspended ropes, etc., as used for training soldiers.
- ‘It's a mini assault course with rope bridges to cross and a climbing wall.’
- ‘A disabled and profoundly deaf man is tackling an army assault course to help fund a trip of a lifetime to New Zealand.’
- ‘One of the most popular children's entertainment was the army assault course.’
- ‘Youths get to go on an Army assault course and eat in the mess tent, and receive certificates for their involvement at the end.’
- ‘He said: ‘The race consists of an eight-mile cross-country run followed by an army assault course.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.