Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action of threatening a person together with the action of making physical contact with them.‘officers investigated 531 cases of assault and battery’
- ‘The indictment includes 10 counts of child rape and six counts of indecent assault and battery.’
- ‘He was convicted last year of indecent assault and battery.’
- ‘He is seeking unspecified damages from the airlines for personal injury, negligence and assault and battery.’
- ‘She had stabbed a woman to death and had also been arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, and firearms possession.’
- ‘According to this, he'd been arrested for assault and battery, vandalism, burglary and illegal racing.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.