One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of threatening a person together with the action of making physical contact with them.‘officers investigated 531 cases of assault and battery’
- ‘He was convicted last year of indecent assault and battery.’
- ‘The indictment includes 10 counts of child rape and six counts of indecent assault and battery.’
- ‘She had stabbed a woman to death and had also been arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, and firearms possession.’
- ‘According to this, he'd been arrested for assault and battery, vandalism, burglary and illegal racing.’
- ‘He is seeking unspecified damages from the airlines for personal injury, negligence and assault and battery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.