One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverb
Sprawling.as predicative adjective ‘she lay, legs and arms asprawl’
- ‘Gracefully asprawl on the ottoman, in an attitude of almost exaggerated repose, was the boy of the woods.’
- ‘Linda was sitting at her dressing table, elbows carelessly asprawl on the polished glass top.’
- ‘He stands and watches a boy falling, twisted and asprawl.’
- ‘Here I am, asprawl upon one of those cheap couches they send to you in two or three boxes for self-assembly; they are unstable and a carcinogenic perfume wafts from the cushions.’
- ‘A bucket lies asprawl and a lemon dangles near the edge, its peel unravelling in delicate curls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.