One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘As well as the nuisance factor of smells from H 2 S and organic compounds, there is the safety aspect: landfill gas is an asphyxiant, and is explosively flammable when mixed with air.’
- ‘The author has done justice to the chapters covering specific poisons such as corrosive poison, irritant poisons, neurotoxic poisons, cardiovascular poisons and asphyxiants.’
- ‘Although hydrogen is odorless and nontoxic, it is classified as a simple asphyxiant.’
- ‘The fire brigade established the gas was an asphyxiant, which takes oxygen out of the air, but is not a fire risk.’
- ‘Hydrogen sulfide is highly toxic and can be rapidly fatal, inasmuch as it acts as both an irritant and an asphyxiant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.