One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Although hydrogen is odorless and nontoxic, it is classified as a simple asphyxiant.’
- ‘As well as the nuisance factor of smells from H 2 S and organic compounds, there is the safety aspect: landfill gas is an asphyxiant, and is explosively flammable when mixed with air.’
- ‘Hydrogen sulfide is highly toxic and can be rapidly fatal, inasmuch as it acts as both an irritant and an asphyxiant.’
- ‘The author has done justice to the chapters covering specific poisons such as corrosive poison, irritant poisons, neurotoxic poisons, cardiovascular poisons and asphyxiants.’
- ‘The fire brigade established the gas was an asphyxiant, which takes oxygen out of the air, but is not a fire risk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.