One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In spite of these considerations it is critical to note that asphyxial insults in the perinatal period do not account for the majority of infants with brain injury in early childhood.’
- ‘He agrees this was an asphyxial death, and the prosecution submits this was by neck compression.’
- ‘The authors believe that sofa sharing may cause asphyxial suffocation.’
- ‘The bleeding may have been the result of ‘some sort of asphyxial process such as compression or obstruction of the neck or air passage’, he suggested.’
- ‘He said the haemorrhages also raised concern: ‘They are usually associated with such things as strangular and asphyxial causes of death.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.