Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘To assure the highest optical quality it features three aspherically created elements and one element made from super low dispersion glass.’
- ‘Although it is possible to buy lenses that have aspherically curved surfaces, the vast majority of lenses have spherically curved surfaces.’
- ‘This design controls off-center power error and marginal astigmatism because each prescription is aspherically compensated, offering custom-made lenses for each individual Rx.’
- ‘Retain your original mirror housings and get the benefits of aspherically bent glass.’
- ‘The sound waves reinforce the shock wave (created by the collapsed star) until it finally explodes aspherically.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.