One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Designs incorporating aspheric optics can magnify the image by about 20X; higher values require folded compound magnification schemes.’
- ‘The element can be a separate component, or it can be integrated onto a traditional lens element by the addition of a generalized aspheric surface.’
- ‘The system uses a generalized aspheric optic element placed near the aperture stop of an optical instrument to produce these results.’
- ‘The eye's optical system consists primarily of the cornea and the lens, and the corneal surfaces are aspheric.’
- ‘Typically, the designer adds more lens elements or applies small perturbations to spherical shapes using aspheric surfaces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.