Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The system uses a generalized aspheric optic element placed near the aperture stop of an optical instrument to produce these results.’
- ‘The element can be a separate component, or it can be integrated onto a traditional lens element by the addition of a generalized aspheric surface.’
- ‘The eye's optical system consists primarily of the cornea and the lens, and the corneal surfaces are aspheric.’
- ‘Designs incorporating aspheric optics can magnify the image by about 20X; higher values require folded compound magnification schemes.’
- ‘Typically, the designer adds more lens elements or applies small perturbations to spherical shapes using aspheric surfaces.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.