Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Failure to produce semen, or absence of sperms from the semen.
- ‘He cites a condition known as ‘aspermia’, as in lack of sperm.’
- ‘Further, among every 100 cases of aspermia - sperm shortage - between one to five men have severe infertility, Li said.’
- ‘This reveals that one confronts definite difficulties in treating aspermia with the aid of TCM.’
- ‘In the majority of the dogs in the field study, aspermia or azoospermia occurred.’
- ‘If this fails, and in cases of aspermia caused by pelvic injury or multiple sclerosis, rectal electrostimulation usually provides semen suitable for assisted conception.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.