Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘It could well be that the aspectual markers introduce events.’
- ‘In traditional practice, the limits for aspectual contact are determined by the planets involved.’
- ‘It seems that both constructions are compatible with the different aspectual meanings, but to different degrees.’
- ‘Reception is one of the most powerful considerations in traditional astrology - its presence in an aspectual contact is capable of completely overturning the otherwise expected meaning.’
- ‘Verbs belonging to one aspectual class are characterized by determining the same types of results.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.