One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of aspartic acid.
- ‘The negative charge of the aspartate side chain at 586 may therefore contribute to the electrostatic potential.’
- ‘Mutations of aspartates and glutamates were done by substitution of the carboxyl group by the amide group.’
- ‘The phosphate is then transferred to an aspartate residue in a response regulator domain.’
- ‘The largest contributions to the ligand-receptor energy are provided by aspartates and glutamates in the selectivity filter and carboxyl residues in the outer ring.’
- ‘The protonation state of the catalytic aspartates was determined theoretically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.