One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of aspartic acid.
- ‘The protonation state of the catalytic aspartates was determined theoretically.’
- ‘The phosphate is then transferred to an aspartate residue in a response regulator domain.’
- ‘The negative charge of the aspartate side chain at 586 may therefore contribute to the electrostatic potential.’
- ‘Mutations of aspartates and glutamates were done by substitution of the carboxyl group by the amide group.’
- ‘The largest contributions to the ligand-receptor energy are provided by aspartates and glutamates in the selectivity filter and carboxyl residues in the outer ring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.