One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small boldly marked leaf beetle whose adults and larvae both feed on the leaves of asparagus.
- ‘Some of the more common ones to watch out for with asparagus are Fusarium crown and root rot, asparagus rust and asparagus beetles.’
- ‘Check asparagus spears for red, black and yellow asparagus beetles and their khaki grubs.’
- ‘There are two kinds of asparagus beetle - asparagus beetle and spotted asparagus beetle.’
- ‘Spotted asparagus beetle larvae feed mainly on the berries of the female plants.’
- ‘The adult spotted asparagus beetles emerge at least a week later than the plain asparagus beetle.’
- ‘Ferns that are allowed to grow during harvest can harbor diseases and insects, especially asparagus beetles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.