One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that the askers of these questions are usually in a relationship that's dead in the water but maybe haven't admitted it to themselves yet.’
- ‘Such a response is not fair to the asker of the question.’
- ‘I crossed the recently pedestrianized town centre on a hunt for cat equipment, and saw two competing groups of question askers.’
- ‘The asker is a middle-aged woman, and one of about 50 people who turned up to the Edmonton Art Gallery for a guided tour of the traveling show.’
- ‘The asker must be holding at least one card of the rank asked for.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.