One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Examining whiteness teaches us that the myths and stereotypes of whiteness go hand in hand with the myths and stereotypes of blackness, Asianness, or any other ethnicity.’
- ‘Though she masquerades in the fashions, make-up, and body language of white yuppies, her Asianness and her visceral discomfort read as distinctly as their whiteness.’
- ‘This resistance to confrontation and questioning were seen as ways of preserving harmony and inclusivity, which are seen as positive attributes of Asianness.’
- ‘If they had been, they surely would have been more concerned with religion, and even caste, than mere Asianness.’
- ‘At the same time, the transpacific migrations within and of Hollywood continue to perpetuate the myth that any marker of Asianness is synonymous with foreignness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.