Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A business region consisting of the whole of Asia as well as the countries of the Pacific Rim.
- ‘The forum, which held its first meeting in 1994, is the only multilateral forum on security issues in the Asia-Pacific region.’
- ‘Across the Asia-Pacific region, every major language is spoken; every major religion is practiced.’
- ‘In the Asia-Pacific region, ecotourism accounts for 20 percent of all travel.’
- ‘Both Moscow and Beijing are trying to win influence in the Asia-Pacific region and in Central Asia, in particular.’
- ‘What practical steps has the Customs Service taken to enhance security across the Asia-Pacific region?’
- ‘We will continue to work with the business sector in our venture towards improving the business environment in the Asia-Pacific.’
- ‘Piracy, especially optical disc piracy, is big business in the Asia-Pacific.’
- ‘The company is currently focusing on growing the business in the Asia-Pacific region.’
- ‘The model consists of twenty countries in the Asia-Pacific and South Asia region.’
- ‘This year's exercise would involve six vessels travelling to the Gulf and the Asia-Pacific regions between February and August.’
- ‘At the same time, it will promote the creation of joint public-private sector industrial networks in the Asia-Pacific region.’
- ‘The Asia-Pacific region was seen as too small a market.’
- ‘It is today one of Asia's leading conglomerates with a wide-ranging portfolio of businesses focused primarily on the Asia-Pacific region.’
- ‘An even larger scenario will be enacted within this year, leading to a new structure of political and economic order in the Asia-Pacific region.’
- ‘You may be in for a nasty surprise if you are booking business travel tickets across the Asia-Pacific region.’
- ‘It should be known that pesticide industry in India is the fourth largest in the world and second largest in the Asia-Pacific region, only next to China.’
- ‘The track will be the largest in the Asia-Pacific region.’
- ‘That could change the course of developments in the whole of the Asia-Pacific.’
- ‘Others in the Asia-Pacific region have also been feeling uneasy.’
- ‘New industrial estates for life sciences are being developed at a rapid rate throughout the Asia-Pacific region.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.