One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The winged fruit of an ash tree, growing in clusters resembling bunches of keys.
- ‘The fruits - the familiar ash keys - are usually abundant.’
- ‘The ancient physicians had a high regard for ash keys and used them as a remedy for flatulence.’
- ‘A bunch of ash keys was considered a powerful guard against witchcraft.’
- ‘At one time ash keys were used by the medical profession as a cure for flatulence.’
- ‘Bullfinches eat some of the ash keys that remain on the trees during the winter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.