One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The winged fruit of an ash tree, growing in clusters resembling bunches of keys.
- ‘The ancient physicians had a high regard for ash keys and used them as a remedy for flatulence.’
- ‘At one time ash keys were used by the medical profession as a cure for flatulence.’
- ‘Bullfinches eat some of the ash keys that remain on the trees during the winter.’
- ‘The fruits - the familiar ash keys - are usually abundant.’
- ‘A bunch of ash keys was considered a powerful guard against witchcraft.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.