One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Cnidarians may reproduce asexually to form new individuals or colonies with varying degrees of integration; indeed for many species, asexual propagation is the primary mode of reproduction.’
- ‘The process of producing plants asexually is called vegetative propagation and is used for such crops as potatoes, bananas, raspberries, pineapples, and some flowering plants used as ornamentals.’
- ‘In the face of fluctuating environments, organisms that reproduce asexually have a reduced capacity to generate variation compared to sexual organisms.’
- ‘Zoospores are motile, tadpole-like spores that can spread through soils high in water content; these spores are produced asexually.’
- ‘The cell-division cycle of asexually reproducing green flagellates is very different from the more familiar cycles seen in most other organisms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.