One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Zoospores are motile, tadpole-like spores that can spread through soils high in water content; these spores are produced asexually.’
- ‘In the face of fluctuating environments, organisms that reproduce asexually have a reduced capacity to generate variation compared to sexual organisms.’
- ‘The process of producing plants asexually is called vegetative propagation and is used for such crops as potatoes, bananas, raspberries, pineapples, and some flowering plants used as ornamentals.’
- ‘The cell-division cycle of asexually reproducing green flagellates is very different from the more familiar cycles seen in most other organisms.’
- ‘Cnidarians may reproduce asexually to form new individuals or colonies with varying degrees of integration; indeed for many species, asexual propagation is the primary mode of reproduction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.