One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Deprive of sexual qualities; make asexual.‘they asexualize him by treating him like a brother’‘the asexualized image of an idealized mother’
castrate, neuter, geld, cut, desex, sterilize, remove the testicles ofView synonyms
- ‘The asexualized representation of Eve in the Octateuchs contrasts with pre-iconoclastic depictions.’
- ‘His confinement emasculates and asexualizes him, penalizing him for his youthful offenses.’
- ‘The producers are hell bent on completely asexualizing her.’
- ‘She argues for the ascent of a heterosexual heroine who wields socio-sexual power without becoming a desexualized or asexualized creature.’
- ‘A sexless or an asexualized individual is by just so much a soulless individual.’
- ‘He's only seventeen, and I wonder what the health effects might be, apart from of course asexualizing him.’
- ‘At first, only selected cases among the inmates of this institution were asexualized.’
- ‘He will have lost his aggressive drive, so he really won't even be able to get angry about being asexualized.’
- ‘Is it supposed to suggest that those women who do play the game are some kind of freaks who have been asexualised simply because they've chosen to wear boots and jerseys?’
- ‘Though this bill had initial support, the controversial nature of asexualizing criminals engendered lengthy debate and narrow defeat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.