Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Deprive of sexual qualities; make asexual.‘they asexualize him by treating him like a brother’‘the asexualized image of an idealized mother’
castrate, neuter, geld, cut, desex, asexualize, sterilize, remove the testicles ofView synonyms
- ‘His confinement emasculates and asexualizes him, penalizing him for his youthful offenses.’
- ‘The asexualized representation of Eve in the Octateuchs contrasts with pre-iconoclastic depictions.’
- ‘Though this bill had initial support, the controversial nature of asexualizing criminals engendered lengthy debate and narrow defeat.’
- ‘A sexless or an asexualized individual is by just so much a soulless individual.’
- ‘She argues for the ascent of a heterosexual heroine who wields socio-sexual power without becoming a desexualized or asexualized creature.’
- ‘At first, only selected cases among the inmates of this institution were asexualized.’
- ‘He will have lost his aggressive drive, so he really won't even be able to get angry about being asexualized.’
- ‘Is it supposed to suggest that those women who do play the game are some kind of freaks who have been asexualised simply because they've chosen to wear boots and jerseys?’
- ‘He's only seventeen, and I wonder what the health effects might be, apart from of course asexualizing him.’
- ‘The producers are hell bent on completely asexualizing her.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.