One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Deprive of sexual qualities; make asexual.‘they asexualize him by treating him like a brother’
castrate, neuter, geld, cut, desex, sterilize, remove the testicles ofView synonyms
- ‘A sexless or an asexualized individual is by just so much a soulless individual.’
- ‘His confinement emasculates and asexualizes him, penalizing him for his youthful offenses.’
- ‘She argues for the ascent of a heterosexual heroine who wields socio-sexual power without becoming a desexualized or asexualized creature.’
- ‘The asexualized representation of Eve in the Octateuchs contrasts with pre-iconoclastic depictions.’
- ‘At first, only selected cases among the inmates of this institution were asexualized.’
- ‘The producers are hell bent on completely asexualizing her.’
- ‘Is it supposed to suggest that those women who do play the game are some kind of freaks who have been asexualised simply because they've chosen to wear boots and jerseys?’
- ‘Though this bill had initial support, the controversial nature of asexualizing criminals engendered lengthy debate and narrow defeat.’
- ‘He will have lost his aggressive drive, so he really won't even be able to get angry about being asexualized.’
- ‘He's only seventeen, and I wonder what the health effects might be, apart from of course asexualizing him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.