Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘I agree with all three panelists in their emphasis of Hollywood as being the primary source of the asexualization of Asian males.’
- ‘Several states have passed statutes providing for compulsory asexualization of inmates of insane asylums and prisons.’
- ‘Advocates of compulsory sterilization who called for the asexualization or castration of women generally wanted the woman to undergo a hysterectomy.’
- ‘Many simply find it easiest to wear their orientation like a badge, and undoubtedly their efforts to demonstrate their sexual identity alleviate the stigma of asexualization.’
- ‘To the humane physician the idea of asexualization is revolting in the extreme.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.