Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘I'm aware that asexuality is trendy in some parts, but that just sounds so unnatural to me.’
- ‘Still, television as a whole has come a long way from its early stock characters, with their nonthreatening asexuality.’
- ‘A final factor related to asexuality may be gender.’
- ‘Go to the link to see a picture of a young man wearing a shirt proclaiming his asexuality.’
- ‘Probably, but like any orientation, asexuality has many nuances, some of which also pertain to issues of attraction.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.