One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not characterized by earthquake activity.
- ‘Much recent work in the south and west Pacific has focused on the nature of uplift along the region's island arcs: either aseismic (vertical creep) or coseismic.’
- ‘Fine-grained mylonite developed in the fault corridor may have favoured aseismic deformation in the Shin volcano area.’
- ‘Integration of these two data sets could provide a missing link in our understanding of the transition from aseismic to seismogenic plate motion.’
- ‘We want to understand the connections between aseismic deformation and earthquake occurrence.’
- ‘Part of this complexity can be related to the presence of irregularities on the subducting plates, such as aseismic ridges and arc terranes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.