Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- short for autistic spectrum disorder
- ‘Participants in the study included families of 1,218 children with ASD, recruited through an online questionnaire.’
- ‘In approximately 70% of cases, when one identical twin has ASD, so does the other.’
- ‘According to the authors, the ability of an animal to help children with ASD connect to adults may help foster interactions with therapists, teachers or other adult figures.’
- ‘An estimated 600,000 children and adults in the UK are affected by ASD.’
- ‘The earlier ASD is detected, the more effective early intervention can be in the life of a child.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.