One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt, ester, or the anion of ascorbic acid.
- ‘The major organic anions found in pear leaf apoplastic fluid were citrate, ascorbate and malate, the latter being the major anion.’
- ‘Dehydroascorbate content was calculated by subtracting the ascorbate value from the total ascorbate.’
- ‘Dry seeds are devoid of the ascorbate reduced form and contain only dehydroascorbic acid.’
- ‘These included transcripts for an ascorbate peroxidase and two superoxide dismutases.’
- ‘As we have seen, the byproducts of oxidation of ascorbates are acidic and act as an inhibitor that increases in regions of greatest development activity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.