One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt, ester, or the anion of ascorbic acid.
- ‘As we have seen, the byproducts of oxidation of ascorbates are acidic and act as an inhibitor that increases in regions of greatest development activity.’
- ‘The major organic anions found in pear leaf apoplastic fluid were citrate, ascorbate and malate, the latter being the major anion.’
- ‘Dehydroascorbate content was calculated by subtracting the ascorbate value from the total ascorbate.’
- ‘Dry seeds are devoid of the ascorbate reduced form and contain only dehydroascorbic acid.’
- ‘These included transcripts for an ascorbate peroxidase and two superoxide dismutases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.