Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Tubercular ascitic fluid is of high attenuation value due to its high protein content.’
- ‘Numerous clusters of tumor cells were seen in the ascitic fluid.’
- ‘Treatment of hepatic hydrothorax is usual ascitic care, including salt restriction and diuretics.’
- ‘No malignant cells were detected in the ascitic fluid.’
- ‘On the third day, cultures of the blood and ascitic fluid were negative.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.