One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Are all men welcome to go there only if they live as monks, sharing the humility and simple lives of the inhabitants, eating, dressing, and living ascetically and piously, etc.?’
- ‘She had lived ascetically to the point where she destroyed her fragile mental and physical health.’
- ‘Resigning his see to write, preach, and travel, he lived ascetically in London.’
- ‘The family lived rather ascetically.’
- ‘Buddhist monks spend twenty years living ascetically and meditating for hours at a time before they presume to believe that they have conquered all selfish desires.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.