One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Buddhist monks spend twenty years living ascetically and meditating for hours at a time before they presume to believe that they have conquered all selfish desires.’
- ‘Resigning his see to write, preach, and travel, he lived ascetically in London.’
- ‘The family lived rather ascetically.’
- ‘She had lived ascetically to the point where she destroyed her fragile mental and physical health.’
- ‘Are all men welcome to go there only if they live as monks, sharing the humility and simple lives of the inhabitants, eating, dressing, and living ascetically and piously, etc.?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.