One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We do not know how these subjects were selected or anything about the ascertainment of diagnosis or any other aspect of the design of the study.’
- ‘It allows the activation and communication of feelings which the mere ascertainment and manipulation of those circumstances and conditions would not evoke.’
- ‘As we noted in a previous report, the distribution of antisocial syndromes in our sample is also likely to reflect the ascertainment of the sample.’
- ‘Therefore, encouraging ascertainment of health information for three generations of relatives is warranted.’
- ‘Regardless of the opinions, however, the application of ascertainment and discernment require readers to discuss the book critically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.