One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Even then it would not derive from any objectively ascertainable standard or consensus within a recognised profession.’
- ‘He added that he would have given the cause of death as not ascertainable.’
- ‘I lowered my window and turned off the radio to listen for any sound (to see if it was a helicopter) but I couldn't hear any ascertainable aircraft engine noise.’
- ‘Whether such an exposure would affect the hormone status of women, children, or fetuses is not ascertainable from the results of the present study.’
- ‘The common law is not always clear, but in most fields it is reasonably ascertainable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.