One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I lowered my window and turned off the radio to listen for any sound (to see if it was a helicopter) but I couldn't hear any ascertainable aircraft engine noise.’
- ‘The common law is not always clear, but in most fields it is reasonably ascertainable.’
- ‘Even then it would not derive from any objectively ascertainable standard or consensus within a recognised profession.’
- ‘Whether such an exposure would affect the hormone status of women, children, or fetuses is not ascertainable from the results of the present study.’
- ‘He added that he would have given the cause of death as not ascertainable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.