One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The ascensional movement did not cease until the Go-Ahead had reached a height of fourteen thousand feet.’
- ‘Historians of philosophy and religion call this form of experience ascensional mysticism, yet all that is called ascensional mysticism does not have the indelibly transformative character of the Gnostic ascension.’
- ‘A light transmitter, weighing about a pound, is carried up by the balloon at a known ascensional rate.’
- ‘But the management of two balloons would, necessarily, be very difficult, in view of the problem how to keep them both at an equal ascensional force.’
- ‘That search, which Corto knows is fruitless, reconciles the sublimation of the motivating object with the euphemistic cynicism of a horizontal and not ascensional awareness of the journey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.