Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The first main part of the large intestine, which passes upwards from the caecum on the right side of the abdomen.
- ‘The most commonly affected areas are the terminal ileum and ascending colon, although any part of the GI tract can be involved.’
- ‘If the ascending colon was normal, no wall thickening was seen in the transverse or descending colon.’
- ‘The ascending colon is greatly dilated, but not abnormally.’
- ‘The scores for the ascending colon and cecum did not reach statistical significance.’
- ‘Fluid remains in the cecum and ascending colon for a prolonged period while the absorption of water reduces its volume.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.