One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Infection of the intestine with ascarids (parasitic nematode worms).
- ‘Primary common bile duct stones are more common in Asian populations because of the increased prevalence of flukes and parasitic infections, such as clonorchiasis, fascioliasis and ascariasis.’
- ‘In the United States, ascariasis is the third most common helminth infection (exceeded only by hookworm and whipworm infections).’
- ‘Their results indicate that the cellular immune responses needed to protect against TB and HIV, are impaired by ascariasis and other helminthic infections.’
- ‘In children, intestinal spirochetosis has been associated with ascariasis, enterobiasis, and Helicobacter pylori gastritis.’
- ‘If your child has ascariasis, she should be evaluated for other intestinal parasites, such as pinworm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.