Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A lung disease resulting from the inhalation of asbestos particles, marked by severe fibrosis and a high risk of mesothelioma (cancer of the pleura).
- ‘They get deadly diseases like black lung, asbestosis, or more insidious poisonings.’
- ‘Clinically apparent asbestosis occurs only after a significant latent period.’
- ‘Only the more severe grades of asbestosis are detectable by gross examination.’
- ‘This issue has been addressed comprehensively by two of us in a study of asbestosis and lung cancer.’
- ‘Chest radiographs showed no evidence of asbestosis or other scarring pulmonary disease.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.