Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A posture adopted in performing hatha yoga.
- ‘Do you practice other aspects of yoga apart from the asanas?’
- ‘Mindfulness meditation, yoga asanas and pranayama are each powerful practices that can affect our lives deeply.’
- ‘The course includes basic asanas, pranayama and lectures on higher aspects of yoga.’
- ‘Children will be taught asanas and pranayama and there will also be question and answer sessions.’
- ‘Performing asanas with awareness creates inner calmness as well as reduces fatigue and stress in the body.’
From Sanskrit āsana ‘seat, manner of sitting’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.