Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A posture adopted in performing hatha yoga.
- ‘The course includes basic asanas, pranayama and lectures on higher aspects of yoga.’
- ‘Children will be taught asanas and pranayama and there will also be question and answer sessions.’
- ‘Performing asanas with awareness creates inner calmness as well as reduces fatigue and stress in the body.’
- ‘Mindfulness meditation, yoga asanas and pranayama are each powerful practices that can affect our lives deeply.’
- ‘Do you practice other aspects of yoga apart from the asanas?’
From Sanskrit āsana seat, manner of sitting.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.