One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually with negative Until now or a particular time in the past.‘the damage is as yet undetermined’
so far, thus far, yet, still, even now, up till now, up to now, until now, up to the present timeView synonyms
- ‘With a number of fixtures still to be played, whether this match will be replayed is as yet undecided.’
- ‘Teachers must be allowed the joy of introducing children to areas of study as yet unknown to them.’
- ‘There is little sign as yet of the opposition movement forcing the US to alter its policies.’
- ‘He has as yet had no response from the government or other political parties.’
- ‘They may be on the verge of an appointment but there's no sign of an announcement as yet.’
- ‘Officers are currently investigating the complaint and as yet no charges have been filed.’
- ‘Several proposals have been considered, but as yet no feasible plans are in place.’
- ‘Some of the leaves at the base of the plant are almost black but newer foliage shows no sign of this colouring as yet.’
- ‘Britain, for some as yet unexplained reason, chose not to avail itself of this option.’
- ‘Although there is still a long way to go, and it's a bit early to be thinking of that as yet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.