One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As if to say.‘he meekly bowed to him, as who should say ‘Proceed’’
- ‘All the characters and all the incidents in the play have been devised for the glorification of Cyrano, and are but, as who should say, so many rays of lime-light converging upon him alone.’
- ‘The Greeks called them Anticheir, as who should say, another hand.’
- ‘One day he saw me and signed to me with his hand, as who should say, ‘What is that?’’
- ‘He put up his shoulders to his cars, and spread out the palms of his hands, as who should say, There is nothing further to be said.’
- ‘Mr. Snagsby addresses an explanatory cough to Mrs. Snagsby, as who should say, ‘My dear, a customer!’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.