One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As if to say.‘he meekly bowed to him, as who should say ‘Proceed’’
- ‘All the characters and all the incidents in the play have been devised for the glorification of Cyrano, and are but, as who should say, so many rays of lime-light converging upon him alone.’
- ‘The Greeks called them Anticheir, as who should say, another hand.’
- ‘He put up his shoulders to his cars, and spread out the palms of his hands, as who should say, There is nothing further to be said.’
- ‘Mr. Snagsby addresses an explanatory cough to Mrs. Snagsby, as who should say, ‘My dear, a customer!’’
- ‘One day he saw me and signed to me with his hand, as who should say, ‘What is that?’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.