Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
And in addition; and also.‘a shop that sold books as well as newspapers’
- ‘She is well behaved and will sit and give you her paw as well as obey basic commands.’
- ‘Student access to computer stations allows students to apply online to the college as well as apply for financial aid.’
- ‘The kicks are delivered with great force and at toe, ankle and lower shin heights as well as into the mid leg range.’
- ‘Characteristics of the studied strains indicating the presence of the 17 virulence factors as well as the eae type.’
- ‘The teachers interviewed used many of the strategies mentioned by Krashen and Terrell, as well as many they did not mention.’
- ‘A new enterprise in a new land would require much capital as well as credit.’
- ‘Each school kit contains materials for up to 80 children, as well as teaching supplies.’
- ‘Technical advances once more brought about new aesthetic possibilities as well as contradictions.’
- ‘The bounty of the Amazon can be accounted for only if we consider time as well as space.’
- ‘The design files can also be shared globally, for open-source hardware as well as software problem-solving.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.