One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In accordance with.‘made as per instructions’
as specified by, as per, in accordance with, in compliance with, in agreement with, in line with, in keeping with, commensurate with, in harmony with, in conformity with, in obedience to, true to, in fulfilment of, following, honouring, heeding, observingView synonyms
- ‘Meanwhile, cook the noodles as per pack instructions, then drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid.’
- ‘I understand the machinery will be silent, as per university policy, during the exam period.’
- ‘I consulted a dermatologist and as per his advice applied steroid ointment.’
- ‘These treatments are as per the recommendations of the University of Agricultural Sciences.’
- ‘The centre may be notifying shortly the gold deposit scheme as per the Income Tax Act.’
- ‘Cook the spaghetti in salted water as per the instructions on the packet.’
- ‘Two years ago, I bought a tree fern and potted it as per instructions.’
- ‘The passengers escaped through windows, exactly as per the instructions given on every train.’
- ‘The road was not widened in the last 15 days as per the police's comment in the report.’
- ‘Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per pack instructions in a large pan of boiling water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.