Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In accordance with.‘made as per instructions’
as specified by, as per, in accordance with, in compliance with, in agreement with, in line with, in keeping with, commensurate with, in harmony with, in conformity with, in obedience to, true to, in fulfilment of, following, honouring, heeding, observingView synonyms
- ‘I consulted a dermatologist and as per his advice applied steroid ointment.’
- ‘The centre may be notifying shortly the gold deposit scheme as per the Income Tax Act.’
- ‘Meanwhile, cook the noodles as per pack instructions, then drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid.’
- ‘These treatments are as per the recommendations of the University of Agricultural Sciences.’
- ‘I understand the machinery will be silent, as per university policy, during the exam period.’
- ‘The passengers escaped through windows, exactly as per the instructions given on every train.’
- ‘The road was not widened in the last 15 days as per the police's comment in the report.’
- ‘Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per pack instructions in a large pan of boiling water.’
- ‘Two years ago, I bought a tree fern and potted it as per instructions.’
- ‘Cook the spaghetti in salted water as per the instructions on the packet.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.